General Information[su_box title=”Conference Venue”]
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) was founded on March 2, 1959. The present ITB’s main campus is the site of earlier engineering schools in Indonesia. Although these institutions of higher learning had their own individual characteristics and missions, they left some influences on the developments that lead to ITB establishment.
In 1920, the Technische Hogeschool (TH) was established in Bandung which, for a short time in the middle forties, became Kogyo Daigaku. Not long after the birth of the Republic of Indonesia in 1945, the campus housed the Technical Faculty (including a Fine Arts department) of Universitas Indonesia (UI), with a head office in Jakarta. In the early fifties, a Faculty of Mathematics & Natural Sciences, also part of UI, was established on the campus.
The ITB was founded by the Indonesian government in 1959 and was designated as an institution for higher learning in the fields of science, technology, and fine arts, with a mission of conducting education, research, and service to the community.
ITB is located in Bandung, a city with a population of approximately one and a half million that lies in the mountainous area of West Java, at an altitude of 770 meters. The ITB main campus, to the north of the town centre, and its other campuses, covers a total area of 770,000 square meters.[/su_box]
Main Office: Jl. Tamansari 64 Bandung 40116,
Campus: Jl. Ganesha 10, Bandung 40132 Indonesia
Tel. & Fax.: +62-22-2500935